P. A. Walsh STEAM Academy shares the MHUSD vision that all students will receive an excellent education and be empowered to succeed in school. Our students will be prepared to achieve in our diverse, global society and to make meaningful contributions in their community. Students will become critical thinkers and problem solvers who can thrive in the challenges of the 21st century.
The mission of P. A. Walsh STEAM Academy is to provide community-oriented learning experiences, which are centered on a rigorous curriculum and authentic learning opportunities that inspire innovation, inquiry, critical thinking, and academic excellence, preparing students for personal and professional success. This will occur through the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics in order to foster and develop a life-long passion for learning.
- Equitable Access
- Innovative Curiosity
- Collaboration and Diversity
- Empowerment: We believe in providing an environment to teach and nurture skills and habits of mind that will enable students to make independent, respectful, and responsible decisions. At P.A. Walsh STEAM Academy, students will be inspired to reach their full potential.
- Equitable Access: We believe all students, regardless of ability, language, cultural or socioeconomic backgrounds, should be provided with high-quality instruction which meets their individual needs, and provides access to rigorous learning experiences.
- Innovative Curiosity: We believe our students should be provided with the opportunity to consider new ideas, take responsible risks, and explore creative solutions to a variety of situations. We encourage tolerating struggle with new concepts and persevering until a task is completed.
- Collaboration and Diversity: We believe in embracing and celebrating individuality and differences. At P.A. Walsh STEAM Academy, students will listen to others and use differences of opinion to support learning. Students will work cooperatively with each other to develop social skills needed in real life situations to design, investigate, and share ideas.